Shawn Rene Helping to Bring Awareness to Men’s Health & Fitness is is excited about the Team Movember. Shawn Rene is helping bring Awareness to Mens Health & Fitness. The Movember Effect: Awareness & Education, Survivorship, Research The Movember tribute supports prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG, the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
Movember – a global movement Since its beginnings in Melbourne Australia, Movember has grown to become a truly global movement inspiring more than 1.1 Million Mo Bros & Mo Sistas to participate with formal campaigns in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, the UK, Finland, the Netherlands, Spain, South Africa and Ireland. In addition, Movember is aware of Mo Bros and Mo Sistas supporting the campaign and men’s health cause across the globe, from Russia to Dubai, Hong Kong to Antarctica, Rio de Janeiro to Mumbai, and everywhere in between.
No matter the country or city, Movember will continue to work to change established habits and attitudes men have about their health, to educate men about the health risks they face, and to act on that knowledge, thereby increasing the chances of early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment.
In Support for Movember, Men’s Health & Cancer Prevention Below are My Exercise Science, Sports Medicine, Natural Health & Nutrition Tips!
Shawn Rene’s November Health, Exercise Science, Nutrition Cancer Prevention Tips:
The Super Eight Food Groups: A Diet to Defeat Cancer
More then 2,000 years ago Hippocrates, a Greek physician know as The Father of Medicine realized the vital link between diet & disease. It’s astonishing to the point of regret that it has taken over two millennia for Western medicine to seriously investigate how diet can be a deterrent to disease.
“Your Food shall be your Remedy. Let Food Be your Medicine & let Medicine be your food” – Hippocrates, Greek Physician
To Medical researchers the discovery of vitamins, along with their absolute necessity to Health, was one of the greatest scientific achievements of the 20th century. Vitamins in the classic sense are vital factors for sustaining life. A diet lacking a single vitamin or essential mineral will result in disease & eventually death.
The modern food industry centers its efforts on processing food by mashing & grinding it, and then caking & baking, toasting, roasting, pasteurizing, sterilizing, and evaporating it until what is left is a meal stripped clean of protective agents. They then add a medley of stabilizing agents, flavor enhancers, thickeners, leavening agents, emulsifiers, humectans, sweetners, preservatives, and coloring agents. This food is alian to our systems & does not resemble anything close to organic whole food. Processed foods contain little fiber which, in turn, suppports a multimillion-dollar industry for fiber supplements.
Why Overprocessed Food Is Unhealthy ~Processing strips away anticancer agents like Glutathione that cannot be obtained from any other source in your diet. ~Toxic products are formed by high heat processing ~Processed food forms unnatural amino aicds (lysinoalanine) that are toxic & known to disrupt the manufacture of DNA. ~Heating can form antinutritional products that interfere with utilization, absorption, transport & digestion of Nutrients. ~Plant fibers is degrated & removed from many food products ~Irradiation of food is very controversial process. Studies show that split products (so-called radiolytic products) are toxic in animals. ~Minterals are lost. Food processing techniques also strip important mineral contents. ~Fat is added. Processed foods have high levels of trans-fatty acids & other oxidizied fats that are linked to causing heart disease & cancer. ~Excess sugar is added to processed foods for taste. ~Non-nutritive sweeteners used in some processed foods are linked to increased brain cancer & hyperactvity in children. ~Processing of food is known to form substances that cause allergies.
Dietary factors other then vitamins & minerals play an even more crucial role that traditionally acclaimed vitamins. Antioxidents 300 times more powerful then vitamin E have been found in beans, soy products, and seed oils. And recent experimental studies concur that switching from the traditional Japanese diet yields a subsquent rise of colon & prostate cancer, hallmarks of the affluent diet. Another Cancer Combatant is Chlorophyll, the Green Pigment found in dark green plans and a necessary component of phytosynthsis. Chlorophyll & related compounds are recognized as being responsible for most of the antitoxic activit of certain vegetable extracts. For example, charbroiling food creates compounds that attack DNA, yet chlorophyll blocks the toxicity. If you consume foods rich in chlorophyll during a meal of charbroiled meat, the chlorophyll blocks formation of toxic agents. Fill your diet with cancer-crushing mixtures & your DNA will be less likely to get sliced, diced & pulverised with above normal mutations.
Eat Whole Organic Foods rather then quick-cooking processed foods. Fresh is better then frozen & frozen is better then canned.
The Super Eight Food Groups:
1. Onion Group – onion, garlic, asparagus Anticancer, antioxident, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, lessens allergies & asthma, protects from heart disease
2. Cruciferious Group – broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
3. Nuts & Seeds – pumpkin seeds, seasame seeds, walnuts
4. Grass Group- corn, oats, rice, wheat
5. Legume Group – soybeans (tofu), green beans & peas One serving of soy each day can keep cancer away! Because soybeans are excellent source of portein, they have been consumed for thousands of years. In East Asia soy forms a significant part of the diet, starting from early childhood. And in Asia, incidence of breast cancer and colon cancer is considerably lower in the West. Vegetarians who consume soybean-based products in place of meat also have lower rates of breast cancer & colon cancer. An exciting study recently showed a 50 percent reduction in breast cancer among women who consumed only a fraction of an ounce of soy protein every day. Among the edible legumes, soybeans contain the highest amounts of saponins. Soya saponins are a diverse family of cancer zaping chemicals, which are structurally similar to the primary chemopreventive ingredient in licorice. Saponins, which are toxic to tumor celss, inhibit DNA synthesis in tumor celss, therby decreasing tumor cell growth.
6. Fruit – citrus fruits & berries Anti-inflammatory, antiallergy, anticancer, antiviral, anti-tumor, antioxident, prevent tumor cell invasion
7. Solanace Group – tomatoes, potatoes
8. Umbelliferious Group – carrots, celery
Yoga Is Powerful “Medicine” for Your Heart